Common Workplace Injuries
Illinois Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
For a combined 138 years, Romanucci & Blandin, LLC has been protecting the rights and futures of workers across different industries. We understand the risks associated with nearly every line of work available in Chicago because we have represented hundreds of workers and worked alongside numerous labor unions across a broad array of trades. We know what you’re going through, and we know how to get you the financial and medical support you need.
Although each type of work environment will have its own hazards and risks for injuries, there are certain injuries that tend to be more common across a variety of industries.
These common injuries are:
- Assaults and Violent Acts – These injuries are the result of an attack from another employee or from the employer
- Bodily Reaction – These injuries are the result of slipping, but not actually falling. Usually this will cause knee or ankle injuries
- Fall to Lower Level – These injuries are usually the result of falling from an elevated area
- Machinery Accidents – An accident with a piece of machinery can cause very serious injuries since many machines are very heavy and dangerous
- Overexertion – These injuries can be caused by a variety of things including, lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing or throwing objects that are heavy
- Repetitive Motion – Common repetitive motion injuries include back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, strained muscles and vision problems
- Slip and Fall – Slips and fall accidents usually occur because of a floor that is slippery or wet
- Struck by Object – These injuries usually occur if an object falls from a higher elevation onto a person
Romanucci & Blandin’s experience with these types of injuries allow us the insight and knowledge we need to build a compelling case on behalf of our clients. Our attorneys know exactly how to investigate these cases and what questions to ask. We’ve represented numerous clients who were catastrophically injured by employer negligence or other causes, helping them get the massive compensation they need for their massive pain and loss.
If you have questions regarding your case, contact us today for a free consultation at (312) 647-2544, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You pay nothing unless we win your case, so don't hesitate to call to get answers.