Stephan D. BlandinPrincipal & Partner
In a state of 90,000 lawyers and attorneys, many of whom are affiliated with large mega firms, Attorney Stephan Blandin stands apart. After founding Romanucci & Blandin, LLC in 1998, he proved without a doubt that smaller firms have the agility, skill, and power to compete with any large firm or insurance company. The courtroom is the great equalizer, forcing attorneys to rely on what is right and true rather than how much they’ve spent. As an attorney with an abundance of talent and determination, Mr. Blanding has always been able to go toe-to-toe with large legal teams armed with nothing but his thorough investigations, aggressive litigation style, and trial instincts.
Aside from helping run the firm he started, Mr. Blandin focuses his practice on catastrophic and life-altering injury cases involving the workplace, including OSHA violations, unsafe machinery, road construction accidents, industrial accidents, defective equipment, and more. He has tried dozens of cases that resulted in $1 million or more each time.
Some of his workplace injury cases include:
- $7.5 million for a 45-year-old boilermaker was crushed beneath falling equipment.
- $5.5 million for a construction worker who was crushed beneath a collapsed trench
- $5.3 million for a roofing contractor who suffered multiple injuries in a bus accident on his way home
- $3.3 million for the family of a man who was killed from a fall due to insufficient safety measures at his worksite
All told, Mr. Blandin has won tens of millions of dollars for his clients on his own—and has ensured that our firm takes the same approach as a whole, allowing us to obtain over $400 million in verdicts and settlements total.
In addition to his vital work on behalf of injured workers, Mr. Blandin is also a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation—an organization devoted to researching law within the social sciences. Less than 1% of attorneys from each state are considered for Fellowship with the ABF, an honor based on each lawyer’s contributions to the field. Mr. Blandin also donates his time to various nonprofits, including the Knapp Burn Foundation and West Side Mentally Retarded Children’s Aid Inc.
Mr. Blandin earned a bachelor’s in political science from DePaul University and earned a law degree from DePaul University College of Law in 1986. He is admitted to practice law in both Illinois and Arizona, as well as the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (1983)
- DePaul University
Juris Doctorate (1986)
- DePaul University College of Law
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© (2012-2017)
- Selected to Illinois Super Lawyers (2005-2017)
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Illinois Supreme Court Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission (Hearing Board Commissioner)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation (Fellow)
- Knapp Burn Foundation (Board Member)
- Salute Inc. (Board Member)
- West Side Mentally Retarded Children's Aid Inc. (Board Member)